So you have solar panels on your roof. Now what? It’s important to make sure they are operating at peak performance to ensure that you’re getting the most bang for your buck – lowering your home’s expenses and doing as much as you can to reduce your carbon footprint. Sandbox Solar, your local Colorado Front Range solar providers, are here to help you make sure your panels are working at their best.
Tips to Make Your Front Range Solar System Operates Optimally
- Make Sure Your Solar Panels Are Clean: If you’ve recently had a dust storm near your home or it’s been a while since you’ve done any kind of maintenance on your solar panels, it might be time to give them a good cleaning. Doing so will ensure that your panels are able to soak up as much sun as possible by making sure there is plenty of open surface area available. Generally, rain will clean the panels naturally. We don’t recommend getting on the roof to clean panels.
- Trim the Trees: If you have trees near your panels, it might be time to trim back the trees to make sure your system isn’t being shaded by the trees. Your panels should last upwards of 25-35 years, and you might be surprised at just how much your trees will grow during this time.
- Save Energy: While solar systems will reduce your electricity bill, you’ll still want to reduce your energy consumption and do what you can to make your home more efficient. This will help ensure that your system is able to power your home adequately and offset your footprint.
- Make Use of Daylight Hours: Time your energy use to coincide with the sunlight. By using your appliances and other energy users during the day, you’ll be able to harness your system’s power during the time it’s creating energy.
- Check Your System Monitoring: Check your system production once a month to ensure that it is running as normal. Sometimes devices can act up and stop working, make sure you’re getting the most out of your solar energy system.
Need more tips to make sure your solar system is running at peak performance? Please check out our blog for more tips. If you have specific questions, don’t hesitate to contact Sandbox Solar for help. Our main goal is to help you get the most out of your system, for as long as possible.
If you’re considering solar for your home or business, contact your local Colorado Front Range solar provider, Sandbox Solar! We live and work in Northern Colorado and understand the unique intricacies of solar in Colorado – including how to make sure your system is working at its best for you. We’d be happy to give you a free solar estimate to help you understand what the addition of solar panels could mean for your building. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!