Sandbox Solar – your local, Northern Colorado solar installer – has heard a solar myth or two over the years. In fact, there is a lot of misinformation about solar systems and what they mean for your home. In this blog, we’ll be covering some of the most common solar myths we hear and debunking them. Hold on tight – solar myths debunked:
- Solar Systems Are Too Expensive – This is the biggest myth we hear here at Sandbox Solar. But it’s simply not true. Yes, solar systems are an investment, but there are lots of funding options for your system and many tax incentives and rebates available. Plus, an investment in solar will improve the value of your home. When you take these factors into consideration, coupled with the fact that a solar system will reduce your energy bill, your system will pay for itself sooner than you think. In fact, most homeowners are able to pay off their system within just 5 to 7 years.
- Solar Systems Are Only Good for Warm Places – While Northern Colorado is snowy and cold part of the year, that doesn’t mean your solar system will suffer. Solar panels just need sunlight to generate power; the air temperature does not affect the panel’s ability to function whatsoever. That’s great news for Colorado solar panel owners because it’s sunny here the vast majority of the time!
- Solar Systems Require Too Much Maintenance – False! Once your solar system is installed, it will require very little overall maintenance. They are designed to withstand weather damage and hold up for as many as 30 years. You will be pleasantly surprised about just how little you have to worry about your system once it’s up and running.
- A Solar System Will Increase My Property Taxes – Good news! Even though your solar system will undoubtedly add value to your home, it won’t increase the amount of property taxes you pay on an annual basis. Colorado has legislation in place that prevents your home or business property taxes from going up when you add solar.
- Solar Panels Will Damage My Roof – In fact, quite the opposite! The solar panels will actually help protect your roof from hail, wind, and standard wear, more so than just a stand-alone roof. Solar panels are incredibly durable, and your roof is better off being covered by panels than not.
Just because there are a lot of solar myths out there, don’t be led astray. Sandbox Solar, a Northern Colorado solar installer serving Denver, Fort Collins, Greeley, Loveland, and surrounding communities, is here set the record straight with our “solar myths debunked” blog.
If you’re still not convinced or have more questions after our “solar myths debunked” blog, don’t hesitate to contact us. Sandbox Solar is happy to provide you with a free solar consultation to answer all your questions and make sure a solar system is right for your home or building. Contact us to learn more and get started!